Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Life of Pi: Part 2

I love how Pi combines religions. He says all that he wants to do is love God and I think that's what religion should be about. While Pi engages in Buddhist and Hindu acts, along with others, to love his god, I still feel that Pi gets the whole religion concept more than many people in today's society. Many people claim to be "Christian" but really they are nothing more than someone combing his or her beliefs and wants with the justification of the Bible; I have found that many people twist religious teaching, texts, etc. into what they want these practices to be in order to justify wrong doings. Pi innocently just wants to love God. While I find it hard to grasp his combination of religions, I really do feel that he has mastered the main concepts of religion in general. I personally believe that God is love and through Him we are saved and I really do think that's what Pi is striving to have a deeper understanding of with his many religions.

No comments:

Post a Comment