Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"Pi"- A New Beginning

  So far, the first 100 pages or so have been kind of a struggle. The third party observations mixed with Pi's thoughts and opinions have been intriguing while mystifying but overall confusing. I'm looking forward to why all of the background information is vitally important to the rest of the plot. I've enjoyed some of Pi's outlook on religion. My favorite opinion of his so far is "to choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation" (36). I think anyone can relate to the part where Pi is talking about how children are mean. The children pick on Pi about his name and make his "refreshing aquatic name" a cruel joke. I think his way to find a fresh start by "changing" his name shows the reader a lot about his character and how he is as a person- determined. I look forward to seeing more of Pi's determination!

No comments:

Post a Comment