Monday, January 23, 2012

On Writing- Blog 2

     I was fearful that King was going to get boring in the upcoming chapters; however, I am still thoroughly entertained. King's wit and humor continue to make the book an easy-read. I am amazed by King's analogies and how he makes everything easily relatable. Many of his writing tips I find appliable to all aspects of life. An example is how he harps about "let the story tell itself"; cut the fluff and such and just stick to the truth. Many people would have easier, less-stressful lives if they would just stick to this simple rule!
    Where King talks about how a writer is born a writer (in more or less words) I feel he is dead on. Bad writers in elementary school are still bad writers in high school! I have always been taught if you try hard and put your all into what you're doing, you will succeed; however, I feel writing is just one of those things God gives you (or He doesn't). I, by no means, feel I am the next Jane Austen or Shakespeare, but words and writing has always flowed in my brain. I don't think that I am a great writer (somedays I'm bearly a good writer), but I feel that the creative process comes more easily to me than it does to others.
    King has several good tips about dialogue and plot that I have never considered before. I totally agree that some of the best stories are "plotless". Obviously, King knows what he is talking about, but I think his take has deffinitely put writing into perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment